Local Top Rated
24/7 Lost Keys Lockout
Gareth Brain (Owner)
"Our #1 focus is customer service, affordability & quality"
UPVC door failures
UPVC doors are a popular choice for homes and businesses because they are durable, energy-efficient, and low-maintenance. However, even the best UPVC doors can eventually fail. There are a number of reasons why this might happen, including:
- Poor installation: If your UPVC door was not installed properly, it is more likely to fail.
- Weather damage: UPVC doors can be damaged by extreme weather conditions, such as strong winds, rain, or snow.
- Age: UPVC doors, like all products, have a lifespan. As they age, they become more likely to fail.
- Misuse: UPVC doors can be damaged if they are misused, such as by being slammed or kicked.
Signs of Failure
There are a number of signs that your UPVC door may be failing. These include:
- Leaks: If your UPVC door is leaking, it is a sign that there is a problem with the seal.
- Warping: If your UPVC door is warping, it is a sign that the frame is not properly supported.
- Loose hinges: If the hinges on your UPVC door are loose, it is a sign that the door is not properly secured.
- Sticking: If your UPVC door is sticking, it is a sign that the mechanism is not working properly.
What to Do If Your UPVC Door Fails
If you think your UPVC door is failing, it is important to have it inspected by a qualified locksmith or door repairer. They will be able to assess the damage and recommend the best course of action.
In some cases, the damage to your UPVC door may be minor and can be repaired. However, in other cases, the damage may be more serious and the door may need to be replaced.
Preventing UPVC Door Failures
There are a number of things you can do to help prevent UPVC door failures, including:
- Have your UPVC door installed properly: This is the most important thing you can do to prevent failures.
- Inspect your UPVC door regularly: Look for signs of damage, such as leaks, warping, or loose hinges.
- Maintain your UPVC door: Lubricate the hinges regularly and clean the door with a mild soap and water solution.
- Use your UPVC door properly: Do not slam or kick your UPVC door.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your UPVC door in good condition and prevent failures.
If you are concerned about the condition of your UPVC door, or if you think it may have failed, please contact us today. We will be happy to inspect your door and recommend the best course of action.
Call us at 07388 580961